The ROCK is a vertical playground designed to thrill the senses, challenge the body and inspire the spirit. The ROCK includes:
- A stunning 33' overhanging prow.
- Dihedrals, corners and slabs.
- Leadable routes
- 25' vertical to overhanging hand crack.
- A 13' tall bouldering zone that looks and feels like real rock.
- A kids "FUN ZONE" with short, easy climbs.
- A sunny, tiled area for watching the action.
We're Always Having Fun at The ROCK, check out this video of Diva Climb II
Upcoming Fall Events at The ROCK!
- Level 1 Basic Top Rope: Teaches the basic belay skills required to belay a climber on The ROCK.
- Level 2 Belay Lead Climber: Teaches how to belay a climber on lead.
- Level 3 Lead Climb with Belay: Teaches climbers how to belay a lead climber and to lead climb.
What's Up With All the Tape on the Climbing Wall?
When you walk into the climbing wall and admire those towering ramparts, you can't help but notice the colorful tape underneath many of the climbing holds. These pieces of tape (and there are thousands of them) mark specific routes on the wall. For example a climber will use GREEN TAPE only, or GREEN / WHITE tape only. Each route has an assigned rating that denotes the level of difficulty. A 5.9 is more difficult than a 5.8, a 5.10c is more challenging than a 5.10b.
These routes don't happen by accident. They are designed by our very own team of "route setters." Most people don't realize the artistry that goes into setting a route. The setters consider a climber's size and reach. They create routes that feature problem solving, or delicate balance, or finger strength, or muscle endurance, or some combination of all the above. They use under clings, side pulls, pinches, smears and laybacks. A route can take several hours to complete and are, in many ways, a work of art. So next time you come in to climb, be sure to try a route, or two or three.
Rent THE ROCK
Contact Roberta Dickin at 509-396-3712 ext. 137 for more details.